Follow the Office of the President
- September 29, 2020Members of the George Mason University community learned about leadership and activism from world soccer champion, double Olympic gold medalist and author Abby Wambach at Mason Reads on Monday afternoon.
- September 22, 2020Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam praised George Mason University for keeping its coronavirus numbers low during a visit to the Fairfax Campus on Tuesday where he announced a refinancing plan for colleges and universities.
- Carter School set to build strong foundation for Mason president’s Anti-Racism and Inclusive Excellence Task ForceSeptember 4, 2020A number of Carter School faculty and staff members are working closely with President Gregory Washington to make our university a national model for anti-racism and inclusive excellence.
- September 2, 2020The Anti-Racism and Inclusive Excellence Task Force will be led by Wendi Manuel-Scott, Associate Professor (CHSS), and Shernita Parker, Assistant Vice President for Human Resources.
- August 3, 2020At his first planning conference with the Board of Visitors, George Mason University President Gregory Washington outlined his ambitious framework for the university, including a mission to “reposition, restore and reinvent” Mason to achieve success in the post-COVID era.
- July 23, 2020President Washington is creating the President’s Task Force on Anti-Racism and Inclusive Excellence, and giving its members some big assignments. This task force will have a broad focus, with particular areas of emphasis including short-term and long-term improvements.
- February 27, 2020Newly selected George Mason University President Gregory Washington told a group of journalists Thursday that he’s “ecstatic” to be the school’s eighth president. He will join the university on July 1, 2020.