Welcome to Mason Nation! We are proud to be an engine of innovation in the Washington, D.C., region and a trampoline to success for students from all walks of life. Access to excellence is our motto. Read on to discover why you belong at Mason!
- Mason is the largest, fastest-growing and most diverse public university in Virginia.
- Mason is recognized as one of the nation’s top research universities. Here you can learn and work alongside faculty in our many internationally recognized programs such as the School for Conflict Analysis and Resolution and the Institute for a Sustainable Earth.
- Mason’s location in the thriving Washington, D.C., metro area means job, internship and cultural opportunities available nowhere else.
- We love our diversity at Mason, celebrating students from 130 countries and 50 states and all walks of life, and with graduation rates that exceed national averages regardless of race, ethnicity or wealth status.
- Mason is a great value. Our tuition is significantly lower than at our peer universities, and our students land great jobs. It’s no surprise our student loan default rate is only 2.3%, much lower than at comparable schools.
- We’re the place for tech talent, producing more graduates in computing fields than any public university in the state. That’s one reason why Amazon is looking to Mason to help build its tech talent workforce for its new HQ. Amazon not only comes to us, our students go to them.
- Mason faculty have won Nobel and Pulitzer Prizes, Guggenheim Fellowships and the other most prestigious academic honors. They’ve served in Congress and led major federal agencies.
- Mason provides many pathways to success, with the largest number of community college transfer students in the state and our innovative ADVANCE program connecting students from Northern Virginia Community College to Mason.
- Mason is an exciting place to live, study and play, with more than 350 student clubs and organizations, Division I athletics, walkable campuses and experiential learning opportunities including undergraduate research and study abroad.
- And we’re the first university in the country with robots delivering food all over campus – check them out, they’re adorable!
Please contact our Office of Admissions for additional information, or to arrange a campus tour.
- Mason’s leadership in action! I’m so proud that 100% of @GeorgeMasonU executive leadership & deans are giving to su… https://t.co/HDgJwB088Q,
- RT @GeorgeMasonU: We’ll get through this together. Show our students you care today at https://t.co/jbwCd8NAUj.… https://t.co/NQWyeUGQjb,